The thematic scope of this year’s Conference is broad and reflects the ELI’s work. Realising its mission to improve the law in Europe, the Institute strives to provide concrete responses to important and current legal issues. The gathering of Europe’s Legal Community in Ferrara will be a perfect occasion to present the ELI’s recent achievements and to get valuable feedback from all participants on the following topics:
- Rescue of Business in Insolvency Law
- Prevention and Settlement of Conflicts of Exercise of Jurisdiction in Criminal Law
- From Transnational Principles to European Rules of Civil Procedure
- Empowering European Families: Choice of Court and Choice of Law
- Vulnerable Adults and the Conflict of Law
- Digital Single Market: Discussion Draft of a Directive on Online Intermediary Platforms
- The Principled Relationship of Formal and Informal Justice through the Courts and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- The Tools of the Digital Age in the Service of More Accessible Justice
- Digital Single Market: Post-CESL
- Detention of Asylum Seekers and Irregular Migrants and the Rule of Law
Koen Lenaerts, President of the Court of justice of the European Union, and Marta Cartabia, Vice-President of the Italian Constitutional Court, will join other esteemed speakers from all over Europe who will gather in Ferrara to discuss the most topical legal issues, and to address some of the main challenges that Europe currently faces.
Check the latest version of the Agenda here for a more detailed overview of the programme and speakers.